Hyd-K Hair Salon

Claimed
    $$ Hair Salons
    Closed10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Updates From This Business

Get holiday-ready with a stunning new look
    Get holiday-ready with a stunning new look

Get into the holiday spirit with a visit to our hair… read more

Looking for something subtle yet special?
    Looking for something subtle yet special?

Try the “secret two-tone” technique which subtly… read more

Portfolio from the Business

Sponsored

Lavender is IN!

Lavender is IN!

9 Photos

Pretty in Pink!

Pretty in Pink!

9 Photos

Highlights from the Business

CERTIFIED_PROFESSIONALS

Certified professionals

FREE_CONSULTATIONS

Free consultations

WALK_INS_WELCOME

Walk-ins welcome

AVAILABLE_BY_APPOINTMENT

Available by appointment

YEARS_IN_BUSINESS

20 years in business

OFFERS_CUSTOMIZED_SOLUTIONS

Offers customized solutions

Services Offered

Verified by Business

Review Highlights

People also searched for

Location & Hours

Map

4970 Irvine Blvd

Ste 107

Irvine, CA 92620

Mon

• 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Tue

Closed now

Wed

Thu

• Closed

Fri

Sat

Sun

• 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Amenities and More

About the Business

Business owner information

Photo of Tammy H.

Tammy H.

At Hyd-K, we have assembled a team of the finest stylists in Irvine, each handpicked for their unrivaled talent and unwavering commitment to their craft. Our dedicated professionals undergo rigorous training and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques, ensuring that every client receives an exceptional and personalized experience tailored to their unique needs. Our extensive range of services includes precision haircuts, expert coloring, exquisite Balayage, flawless digital perms, transformative Japanese hair straightening perms, indulgent hair treatments, and so much more. Whether you seek a subtle enhancement or a complete hair makeover, our skilled stylists will work their magic, leaving you feeling confident, rejuvenated, and truly satisfied. At Hyd-K, we believe that true beauty lies in the details. From the moment you step through our doors, you will be immersed in an ambiance of sophistication and tranquility, allowing you to unwind and fully embrace the indulgence of our services. Every visit to our salon is an opportunity for us to exceed your expectations, and we take pride in delivering flawless results with the highest level of professionalism and attention to detail. Experience the epitome of hair perfection at Hyd-K Hair Salon. Book your appointment today and let our expertise and passion for beauty redefine your salon experience. Discover why we are the go-to destination for discerning individuals seeking the best quality service in Irvine.

Ask the Community

• Q:

Hello, what type of scalp treatments/head spa treatments do you offer?

A:

Hello for scalp treatment, we have a 4 step treatment with a clarifying mask, clarifying shampoo, nourishing mask, and ampoule. We also use a steamer in between these steps.

Tammy H., Business Owner 
      8 months ago 2 people found this helpful
    • Q:

Do you do roots perm? Does it have to be with an add on service, or can you do it by itself? How much for female?

A:

Hello, yes we do.

Tammy H., Business Owner 
      8 months ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Hyd-K Hair Salon

Overall rating

396 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of susan z.
      susan z.
      Aliso Viejo, CA
      Mar 19, 2024

I got my hair cut by Tammy a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Tammy was very patient and took her time to transform my hair. I paid $90 since I have long and thick hair, but I was left completely satisfied. I'll definitely come back as no other place has been able to give me my desired haircut!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Eunice K.
      Eunice K.
      Irvine, CA
      Mar 19, 2024
      Updated review

this is my second time coming here and i really like it so far! lauren helped me out the two times i came in and she always does a great job! she gives me advice and lets me know what would work best for me, and i appreciate her sm :-)))

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Mar 18, 2024Previous review
    • Photo of Grace C.
      Grace C.
      Pomona, CA
      Apr 2, 2024

this was my first time coming to this salon to get an ash blonde balayage and was extremely satisfied with the results! i got my hair done by Lauren and she was able to deliver exactly what i was hoping for AND maintain the integrity of my hair. she was attentive throughout the whole process and made this overall experience great! i've had blonde balayages in the past (a total of two times) and i can honestly say Lauren did it the best. i'll definitely be coming back to get my hair done again!

ash blonde balayage
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jackie B.
      Jackie B.
      Berkeley, CA
      Nov 20, 2023

I booked a blow-dry and style. This service, according to their yelp, starts at $30. They charged me $70 because I have extensions. My extensions aren't normally a problem because the blow-dry doesn't require the stylist to do anything extra, so I do not normally pay extra. My usual place was booked though, so I had to come here.

Despite charging me $70 for this service, they had someone who was seemingly inexperienced wash my hair. OK, I get it sometimes the stylist doesn't do the wash, thats fine.

When it came to the actual blow-dry, the man tried to brush and dry my hair while it was wet. He did NOT use any product, which is something I expect with such a high price tag. It's pretty standard to at least use a detangler or heat protectant when doing a blow-dry and style. Yet this person was trying to brush through my wet hair and began telling me how tangly my hair was. Of course it was tangly, they didn't detangle my hair or even brush it before washing it. Either way, you are supposed to rough dry the hair to 80-90% dry and then use the brush to style it. I could not believe that I was paying $70 to have my hair snapped and improperly dried.

The curling itself was fine. No heat protectant still. They pay no mind to the root--the root basically got no volume. They just curled the ends. He was in a hurry because his next appointment arrived and was sitting next to us waiting for us to finish, so even though I wanted certain things fixed I felt bad making the next guy wait. Would not go here again.

Helpful 6
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 2
    • Photo of gail k.
      gail k.
      Burbank, CA
      Mar 17, 2024

My hair turned out beautifully. Tammy does highlights and styles beautifully
      I will definitely come back.

My hair turned out beautifully. Tammy was fantastic. She styles hair beautifully!!
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Tiffany M.
      Tiffany M.
      Los Angeles, CA
      Mar 27, 2024

Tammy and the team have great taste in color and style. I love the result every time. The products used were good too so my hair stays healthy after.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lorenzo S.
      Lorenzo S.
      Merced, CA
      Mar 22, 2024

Tammy did an amazing job on my perm! The whole process was straight and simple. I provided a reference photo and she was able to match it and go beyond. The hair wash was also soothing and relaxing! This establishment is very respectful and the store itself is kept clean and maintained. I would definitely recommend this place for people who want to look fresh again!

Medium length perm
      Medium length perm
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Frank C.
      Frank C.
      Torrance, CA
      Feb 19, 2024

I've been a loyal customer for 3 years and honestly, I can't imagine going anywhere else, especially if you're near Irvine. They're fantastic with kids, too - my son's been getting his cuts here since he was six. The stylists really listen and give great advice to get you the look you want. The place is always clean, has a stylish yet comfortable atmosphere, and the prices are totally fair for the top-notch service and expertise you get.

Me and my son getting our haircuts
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of DongHyun M.
      DongHyun M.
      San Diego, CA
      Mar 5, 2024

The date I visited was on the first day of March 2024 on Friday. I tried to book on Morning but the owner told me there was no space available. So I went there at 2PM and the designer was the person who cut my hair the last time. He told me whether I dried my hair after washing, I said I don't usually use hairdryer after washing my hair. He knew I came here for hair perm, but not so much detail being asked he started to perm , after about an hour later I was done. During the processes, he had been constantly bragging off how good his golfing skill is mentioning without any official lessons and learnings, he was beating every contender he played with. It was so awkward to be listening to his whole made-up story.

Anyway in the next day, I found that my hair was just the same as one not being permed. What is the reason of having hair permed?? There are mainly two reasons. One is to have convenience of having style that do not require time and effort to maintain daily. The style does not change much if you have perm. The next thing is to have different style on your hair especially if you have straight hair. But he just made my hair look like the previous one, insisting after I came back to the shop on the next day that this is the most popular perm style in Korea. It sounded like a lie to me based on the fact he knew that I came from San Diego and would not have time to come back after an initial visit and I came to U.S just three months ago.

Additionally I told him on the second visit, I like to have my hair looking like the one shown in the magazine since I doubt his willingness to provide the service I requested. After I came back to SD, the hair was a such a chaos that hair looked very frizzle and messy. When you asked the hair dresser to have your hair permed, you expect the hair should look like stylish and also tidy and organized. So he made my hair look like firstly organized without any style and attributes being acquired from perm, and in the next try, he made my hair so messy and chaos. There is no such balance you can see on my hairs.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this hair shop which failed to provide what you expect from profession hair designer to anyone. He does not know what even perm means and is not willing to listen to the customer.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cindy Yishin L.
      Cindy Yishin L.
      Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY
      Sep 19, 2023

I went to this shop for a hair cut a couple days ago for the first time, the service was great! I found this shop purely by accident online, as they offered walk in and I thought I'd try it out! My stylist was Alisa, she had cut and styled my hair very nicely. I can feel her enthusiasm and dedication to make my hair as nice as possible.

Would definitely come back again!

Hair cut by Alisa
      Helpful 3
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

18 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including Hyd-K Hair Salon

People Also Viewed

Hyd-K Hair Salon is a Yelp advertiser.